What personal information may be collected?
You may provide us with different types of Personal Information using the Kanoo Platform or through our website, including:
- Personal identification information, such as your name, date of birth, e-mail address, land/mobile telephone numbers, your address, gender, and age;
- Photographs of your face;
- Video footage identifying you;
- Details from your identity documents (such as passport, driver’s license, national Insurance), number of the document, date of issue, expiration, photographic identification, address, security indicators, etc.;
- Your IP address, Browser and Operating System information, geolocation details;
- Your banking details including account numbers, credit card, and payment card data;
- Your purchasing activity, product preferences, reasons for purchasing, trades and lifestyle;
- While using Kanoo’s Platform we will be accessing your location for gift card processing to: i) verify your proximity to the merchant for receipt and redemption of gift cards, and ii) fraud detection of transactions to verify your location when executing gift card transactions;
- Information on your sources of funds; and
- Other information you provide us when contacting any Kanoo Team Members, or when you otherwise interact with us.
We will process or use your Personal Information only for the purpose(s) of providing to you the service(s) that you request that we provide to you, to comply with any legal requirements arising from regulatory obligations that arise from providing you the service(s) and our legitimate business interest.
Based on our legal requirements and legitimate business interest, we may request other documents to verify your identity and the sources of your funds for the purposes of money laundering and fraud prevention.
Once we collect your Personal Information, we may use it for the following purposes:
- To allow you to open and use an Account on the Kanoo Platform;
- To enable you to complete Transactions on the Kanoo Platform;
- To reply to any of your queries;
- To contact you via email or calls;
- To ensure the security of your Account;
- To analyze the use and access of our website(s);
- To comply with any required regulatory purposes such as tax, prevention of Money Laundering, prevention of Fraud, adherence to Company statistical reporting obligations, etc.;
- To provide you with information about products and promotions that may be of interest to you, from ourselves and third parties as specified by you; and
- For data analytics and market research on an anonymous basis, unless consented to by you otherwise.
Information that is Collected Automatically
Information Collected from Third Parties
How we use your Personal Information?
We use your Personal Information for our business purposes to provide us with the ability to operate, improve, analyze, support, customize, and administer our services and marketing activities. We process your registration, your orders, your transactions, your payments, your messages, and to communicate with you regarding these and other topics. We will allow you and third parties to communicate with one another. We will identify, prohibit, and review suspicious transactions and any potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
How we Share your Personal Information?
For Kanoo to provide its services to you, we may share some of your Personal Information with trusted third parties. This includes:
- Our affiliates, agents, representatives or contractors;
- Commercial banks and financial institutions;
- Our service providers providing software for identification verification purposes;
- Law enforcement or public authorities to prevent or detect criminal or fraudulent activities, or to fulfill a legal or regulatory obligation (In certain instances, we may not be able to inform you of such sharing of your Personal Information due to legal requirements);
- Central Bank of the Bahamas; and
- Complying with a court order and to enforce or protect our legal rights.
Any third party who is a party to the sharing of your Personal Information will be required to protect your Personal Information and use it only for the intended purpose of providing services to you unless otherwise required or permitted by law.
How are Children Protected?
Kanoo does not knowingly solicit or collect or use any Personal Information from children younger than the age of 13 years of age through our mobile application or our website(s). Children under the age of 13 are not knowingly allowed to order our products, engage our merchants, communicate with us, or use any of our online or mobile applications. If you are a parent or guardian and are alerted to the fact that your child has engaged the Kanoo Platform, please take steps to immediately contact Kanoo using the methods outlined below so that appropriate steps can be taken to address this matter.
What are Your Rights?
We will make every effort to respond to requests; however, we reserve the right to reject any unreasonable, extremely impractical or disproportionately technical requests, or requests which might expose us to operational or legal risks. We will also retain any and all Personal Information for the time period(s) required or mandated by applicable laws and regulations, to resolve disputes, when pursuing legitimate business interests, performing audits and to protect or enforce our rights.
Assignment, Change of Control and Transfer
How do we Protect your Personal Information?
We take the protection and security of your Personal Information very seriously. The Personal Information that you provide to Kanoo is stored securely on our internal and third-party servers. We take steps to ensure that the policies, procedures, strategies, controls, and measures we have undertaken will keep your Personal Information and data safe and secure. We employ encryption technology and other protection technologies to safeguard our data. We ensure that your Personal Information is only accessible by trained, responsible personnel who have a specific need to carry out their responsibilities.
How to Contact Us?
CaribPay (Bahamas) Ltd.
Suite #7 Millennium Mall
West Atlantic Drive
PO. Box F-42796
Freeport, Grand Bahama